As a creative small business owner, you have to learn to be a highly skilled multitasker — this takes time to hone your processes and prioritize your to do list so you can get it all done.
Because you are so accustomed to doing everything (or almost everything) yourself, you may not realize how much the help of a small business consultant / manager can fast track you to more efficiency and effectiveness.
Here are just a few reasons that you should hire an operations business manager or consultant tomorrow:
1. To Acquire a Fresh Point-of-View: Even if you would prefer to tackle all business matters personally, hiring an outside expert can be useful to provide third-party’s perspective on to assess and evaluate your business strategy, processes, management, exposure to risk and more. I am trained to facilitate discussions, analyze and diagnose the issue(s), and then provide solutions to enhance your business's efficiency and organization.
2. To Tap Into Expertise Quickly: Because you may only need to access this specialized expertise for a short period, engaging with someone like me can be an efficient way to tap the expert knowledge your small business needs at just the right time, and only for as long as it is required. I provide a “short-cut” to know-how, knowledge and information that may not exist in your organization or yourself.
3. To Validate Ideas and Direction: It's helpful to have a strategy or planning session to vet new ideas or pivots you have planned. As business and project manager, I am equipped with facilitation skills to ask all of the questions to validate the idea, understand and assess the risks, and chart a course of action for implementation.
4. To Establish Accountability: You may or may not have a business plan, annual goals, or even the personality to keep yourself, and your team, on track to deliver in a timely manner. I can help you update your plan and goals to make them more actionable and put in place process to measure how you are doing against them. I can also manage execution and deliverables to keep you, and your team, on track and accountable to meet project and client deadlines.
5. To Save Time (and Money): As your business grows, knowing what tasks that are performed, by who, and for how long, will make the difference between a business that plods along with a business owner constantly on the verge of burnout, and one that is successful and grows and prospers. I am able to identify consistencies amongst tasks, optimize your processes for better productivity, create Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and better help you to better understand your business, so you can make informed decisions based on a solid foundation in a reasonable timeframe. This saves you time and money!
The Bottom Line
As operations business manager (OBM), I bring a wide range of experience, expertise and credibility to your creative business, enabling you to stabilize and grow efficiently, effectively, and quickly. I can offer you impartial, practical advice, that has tangible results that will help you make better use of your time and resources, and avoid costly mistakes that could end up hurting your business’s chance of success.
To determine how much help you need you can by signing up to receive my free business assessment tool, which will give you the ability to determine how much you know about your core business processes. Complete the form below to get it.